Fernheath Play is the only fully inclusive play and short breaks centre in the Bournemouth area. Being fully inclusive allows all the children who attend the ability to interact and engage in imaginative play. We cater for children who have a disability and those who do not and we offer a fully supervised service.
At the playground we have a wide array of accessible equipment ranging from an exciting Zip wire to Wheelchair and Basket swings. We have a new birds nest roundabout and a sensory garden. We also have a well equipped indoor space which has room for table top games and arts & crafts as well as Wii© Fitness sessions. If all this wasn’t enough we also have a sensory room for children with SENs to experiment in.
Fernheath Play has a variety of rooms. On one side of the building is a small hall that has a craft room attached. This hall also gives onto our sensory room which has a variety of equipment including a water bed, bubble tube, fibre optic lights and touch screen computer. Ideal for calming children who may be anxious.
On the other side of the building is our main hall which has a catering kitchen attached.
Outside we have a large playground with a sensory garden, zip wire, swings and climbing frame. We also have a large boat shaped structure called a mariner and a new roundabout installed in February 2016.
Fernheath Play is a Registered Charity No: 1148263 and an Incorporated Limited Company No: 7968806.
To provide a safe environment where all children, irrespective of their family income or circumstances, are able to enjoy a range of freely chosen play activities which support their development.
- To provide a safe but challenging environment for children to play creatively and which supports their development.
- To provide a refuge for children who are potentially vulnerable in their home environment.
- To reduce stress within families, by offering respite for families living in accommodation without outdoor play space or for families of children with disabilities or additional needs.
- To offer inclusive play opportunities recognising the benefits to children with and without disabilities.
- To improve community cohesion encouraging the involvement of parents in the development and delivery of community led programmes
The Objectives of the Charity are to provide or to assist in the provision of recreational facilities for children and young people living in Bournemouth, Dorset and the surrounding area, who have need of such facilities by reason of their age, health, disability or social or economic circumstances, with a view to improving their condition of life by:
- Providing a safe, supervised place for unstructured, imaginative play as well as creative educational and physical activities
- Helping children to advance in life by developing their skills and capabilities and capacities to enable them to participate more fully in society, as independent, responsible and compassionate individuals
- Advancing their learning
Get your 2015 Annual Accounts copy.
See accounts below for last three years.